There are plenty of options available to reduce stress levels and leave us looking good and feeling great, from wrinkle treatments to meditation. Below we look at some of the key factors that cause us to age and the ways you can combat these and start to feel more relaxed and rejuvenated inside and out.
- Chemical (skin) peels gently remove the outermost layers of the skin to remove dead skin cells and create brighter skin.
- Skin blemishes caused by sun damage include seborrheic keratosis (benign skin growths), brown spots and spider veins can be treated using Lamprobe technology, which uses radiofrequency technology to treat these common conditions.
- Alcohol dries out the skin, so reducing your alcohol intake is the simplest way to minimise the impact this has on the appearance of your skin.
- As well as upping your fluid intake, an intensive facial, such as a Hydrafacial can dramatically increase skin hydration as well as providing antioxidant protection.
- Lines caused by smoking can be tackled with dermal fillers which plump out and fill lines. This is a particularly effective treatment for lines around the mouth.
- For deeper lines, Botox can be used to ease deeper wrinkles around the mouth and eyes.
- Profhilo is a new treatment which restores the body’s natural hyaluronic acid to leave the skin looking tighter and rejuvenated. It treats the cause of wrinkles, rather than just treating the wrinkles themselves.
Lack of sleep
- Sleep tracking apps and devices will help you define your sleeping habits. These devices can recommend personalised sleep schedules, give you reminders of when it’s time to go to bed and tips for improving your night time routine.
- Meditation is a well-known way to reduce stress and anxiety, but did you know it can also improve sleep? One study showed that 58% of insomniacs showed significant improvements in sleep by practising meditation. The easiest way to drift off to a better night’s sleep is with a guided meditation app with features designed to ease you into sleep such as Buddhify or Calm.
Next time...5 ways to reduce stress and anxiety in your life