- We believe that ‘less is always more’ when it comes to skin rejuvenation. A natural and youthful appearance can be maintained or restored whilst avoiding over-enhancement.
- We believe that discreet and subtle work enhances a person’s satisfaction with their self-image and increases confidence.
- We believe that good work takes time, involves multiple treatment modalities and a simple yet rigorous treatment plan.
- We believe in providing holistic care taking into consideration biopsychosocial health and patients best interests.
- We believe that our nurses should have an appreciation of art, beauty and good taste, being successful in this field requires an aesthetic eye.
- We believe in putting patient safety first and providing our treatments in a safe, clean and clinical environment with robust infection control and health and safety policies.
- We believe in maintaining safety and effectiveness through high quality regular training and continuing professional development.
- We believe in practicing in line with best available evidence, research and scientific principles. In clinic treatments, products and technology must be clinically effective.
- We believe in honesty and frank approach, this is not only ethical and professional but vital when obtaining informed consent.
- We believe in treating your information confidentially and maintaining privacy and dignity.
- We believe in providing free consultations and reviews to ensure that clinical interventions are progressing as they should.
- We believe that our professional duty to our patients extends beyond clinical hours for any urgent matters or reassurance.
- We believe that we have a professional commitment to work within ones competence and to refer on if the appropriate treatment is out of our scope of practice.
- We believe that all this can still be achieved in a friendly, comfortable and fun environment.
We’d love to give you a super inspirational story about how we found ourselves running a successful clinic but the truth is our story is just one of hard work and determination.
We started out trying to find a better work-life balance by reducing hours in the NHS while exploring our interests in aesthetics, but if anything we found ourselves suddenly becoming busier than ever. Apparently our no nonsense and frank approach has been, and continues to be, quite popular.
Much of what we do is pulled from our previous experiences in nursing, thorough consultations and history taking, using validated evidence to help guide our decision making and crucially understanding the human body.
We want to get to know our patients. We want to work well together, making sure our expectations match and we can form a treatment plan together. The best treatment journeys are those where both patient and clinician see the results they had hoped to see.
An open and honest approach from both clinician and patient is the basis for a good working relationship which allows great communication, treatment progression and success. This is what drives us, and allows us as a team to enjoy the work we do each day.
We are all used to working in a high paced, stressful and dynamic environment, we started out as staff nurses working in busy Accident and Emergency departments and eventually became nurse practitioners specialising in minor illness and injury management. Being senior clinicians in this area provided a broad and diverse understanding of anatomy and healing and the ability to switch between conservative and more complex treatments easily and seamlessly. Assessing, diagnosing and treating injuries such as fractures and soft tissue injuries and exploring and repairing wounds gave us significant knowledge and understanding of anatomy and physiology, particularly facial anatomy. Our previous roles also required us to manage skin problems and prescribe for certain skin conditions.
We have all chosen to specialise in aesthetic medicine and love it! What we love most is the ability to make people feel more confident, boost their self-esteem and we all agree that it is an exceptionally rewarding job.
Joanne and Dan work in the clinic full time to ensure that they have considerable experience to offer patients. We feel it is important to have clinicians whose focus is the clinic and its day to day management rather than having divided attention.
Our clinicians are members of the British Association of Cosmetic Nurses, which is the largest professional Association for nurses carrying out cosmetic treatments in the UK. It operates under a strict Code of Conduct in order to ensure patient safety across all treatments undertaken by its members.
They continually enhance standards by mapping against the Nursing and Midwifery Council and British Association of Cosmetic Nurses competency frameworks.