Search for a 3JUVE® clinic in your local area.
The 3JUVE® combination technology device was launched in January 2016, and is manufactured by UK aesthetic technologies brand, Lynton Lasers Ltd.
3JUVE combines three of the most popular, non-invasive anti-ageing technologies for the three main symptoms that ageing skin can exhibit: lines/wrinkles, discolouration and a loss of firmness.
Utilising a simple three-step treatment, of laser, IPL and radiofrequency (RF), 3JUVE provides you with optimum stimulation of the dermis and epidermis of your skin, resulting in high-levels of collagen renewal and an even skin tone.
A platform device combining handpieces for an erbium YAG laser (2940nm wavelength), an intense pulse light or IPL (585nm wavelength) and 2MHz bi-polar radiofrequency.
The 3JUVE is a versatile anti-ageing system, combining three highly effective skin rejuvenation technologies with an advanced consultation process to achieve natural-looking anti-ageing results, customised to your individual needs.
The 3JUVE system has been developed as a three-stage treatment programme to specifically target the three main signs of ageing using state-of-the-art technologies with the Resurface, Rebright and Remodel handpieces.
Each individual, non-invasive technology effectively targets a main ageing concern, whilst also treating a range of other dermatological conditions.
• Resurface lines and wrinkles: using an Er:YAG laser at 2940nm in a fractional array to create tiny micro-spots of ablation (damage) in the epidermis or top layers of the skin, resulting in dramatic skin renewal. This process retextures the skin for maximum smoothness, reducing the appearance of lines, tightening pores, and erasing irregularities.
• Rebright sun damage: the 585nm intense pulsed light (IPL) technology is widely used by cosmetic practitioners for a range of concerns; from pigmented lesions to thread veins, redness and sun spots. Discolouration and sun damage can be a key sign of ageing, erasing these signs to achieve a flawless airbrushed appearance can dramatically reduce the impression of ageing skin.
• Remodel skin firmness: this handpiece uses 2MHz bi-polar radiofrequency (RF) technology, which generates micro-vibrations in the skin tissue resulting in advanced dermal heating. This heating stimulates new collagen and elastin growth resulting in stronger, firmer skin tissue which leads to subtle skin lifting and tightening, for younger looking skin.
The 3JUVE platform features different European CE mark approved handpieces as medical devices.
Trained medical professionals and cosmetic surgeons with previous knowledge of dermatological conditions and a Core of Knowledge qualification showing understanding of light based technologies and interactions with skin tissue. In-depth clinical training is provided by the manufacturers for all practitioners offering 3JUVE.
The 3JUVE device is intended for use as a three-step programme to target various anti-ageing concerns using a combination treatment with some, or all, of the available handpieces. This includes:
• Total skin rejuvenation of facial area
• Mild to moderate lines and wrinkles
• Crêpey skin
• Rejuvenation of sun damage and discoloration
• Vascular and pigmentary changes
• Loss of skin firmness in facial area
• Generalised ageing of the facial skin
• Enlarged pores
• Mild to moderate acne scarring
• Preventative ageing treatments
The individual handpieces can also be used in isolation to target specific concerns.
Resurface (Fractional 2940nm handpiece)
• Treatment of mild scarring: acne scars, surgical scars, traumatic scars
• Treatment of dyschromia (hypo- or hyperpigmented skin)
• Skin rejuvenation of photo damaged or congested skin
• Mild, static wrinkles
• Total skin rejuvenation of facial and non-facial areas
Rebright Handpiece (585nm IPL handpiece)
• The treatment of benign pigmented skin lesions - including solar lentigines (sun spots), ephelides (freckles) and seborrheic keratoses (flat)
• The treatment of vascular irregularities – including facial telangiectasia (thread veins), spider naevi, Rosacea, port wine stains, Campbell de Morgan spots and Poikiloderma of Civatte
• The treatment of mild to moderate inflammatory facial acne, and to subtly improve mild acne scarring
• Skin rejuvenation by reducing vascular and pigmentary irregularities
• Promoting collagen synthesis to reduce fine lines and wrinkles
• Reduce pore size and generally enhance the overall appearance of the skin
According to the manufacturer results from treatment should be long-lasting, however natural ageing and exposure to environmental factors such as sun exposure, may make some of the concerns return over time, and you may be advised to have maintenance treatments on an annual basis to keep your original results.
Treatments with the Rebright (IPL) handpiece is not recommended for those with darker skin tones such as Fitzpatrick skin types IV, V and VI – that’s on medium to dark brown skin such as darker Asian, Middle Eastern, African and Afro-Caribbean skin tones. The Resurface (fractional laser) and Remodel (RF) handpieces are able to treat all skin types.
Treatment with IPL or laser is mildly uncomfortable, and any discomfort felt will very much depend upon your own pain tolerance, you may feel minimal discomfort to mild stinging or even pain. The sensation is often likened to snapping the skin with an elastic band.
For Rebright and Resurface treatments, active cooling of the skin (using a cryo air cooler or cold compresses) prior to treating and/or during treatment can be effective in reducing discomfort as well as side effects.
Cooling should not be used for RF treatments though. These treatments are usually described as a pleasant sensations of heating, although some people may experience some occasional ‘hot spots’ where the heat feels more intense in a concentrated area.
Immediately after any laser or light treatment you will feel a sensation of heat and your skin should be cooled by the practitioners. Cooling can improve not only your comfort but can reduce post-treatment redness and/or swelling. This may be achieved with a topical cooling gel or mask, the use of a cooling air fan or application of a chilled compress.
Post treatment advice from your practitioner may include:
• Avoid sun exposure or tanning beds for four weeks following treatment. Use of a high SPF (50+) sun protection when outside is essential.
• Avoid the use of bleaching creams or perfumed products for 24 hours
• Avoid hot baths, showers, steam rooms, saunas for 24 hours
• Keep the area clean and dry
• If the area feels hot or swollen, the use of cool packs or cooling topical products (given as an aftercare take-home) can improve your comfort and reduce redness and swelling
• If blistering or crusting occurs, do not pick or scratch the treated area
• You should return to the clinic if any unexpected skin reaction occurs for further post treatment advice
As long as you are generally healthy and don’t have any skin diseases or infections in the area treated, there are few medical reasons why you should not undergo this treatment.
However, as with any other laser, Intense Pulsed Light or RF equipment, side effects can occur in a small minority of people. To reduce the likelihood of adverse reactions, some established contraindications mean that you may be unsuitable for treatment. These include:
• A current sun tan / use of sun beds or fake tan / any other tanning products. (This is not a contraindication to Remodel RF treatments but could mean delaying treatment with the light based handpieces).
• Cancer, including any history of malignant melanoma
• Healing disorders such as those caused by Diabetes Mellitus, connective tissue disease (e.g. lupus), radiation therapy or chemotherapy
• History of keloid scarring
• Skin pigment disorders such as melasma (on or near the treatment area)
• Any history of treatment with Gold Salt Injections
• Recent use of Roaccutane, St John’s Wort, Minocyline, Amiodarone and other photo-sensitive medication
• Tattoos or dermal pigmented lesions in the treatment area
• Open wounds or skin lesions
• Active acne in the area of treatment is a contraindication to Resurface treatment.
• Injectable treatments in the area. All 3JUVE treatments should be avoided within the two weeks either side of a cosmetic injectable treatment.
The 3JUVE offers three complementary skin rejuvenation applications: Rebright (585 IPL), Resurface (2940nm fractional) and Remodel (Radiofrequency). These three technologies have been combined into several anti-ageing rejuvenation regimes allowing the practitioner to easily tailor the treatment programme to your individual needs.
During your consultation your skin will be categorised based on the three main skin-ageing parameters, in degrees of severity or prevalence of a concern. Using an overall scoring system, the practitioner is able to prescribe the optimum use (and protocols) of the three available handpieces and a programme of treatment sessions and healing time in between, usually 4 weeks. Depending on the size of the area, the scoring of the concerns (mild, moderate or severe), your skin type and the handpiece combinations needed, you could expect between 3, 6 and 9 sessions. Each treatment session lasts approximately one hour.
The cost of treatment depends on the area(s) being treated and the indication and can start from approximately £200 per session. (A test patch is usually required for Rebright and Resurface which can sometimes be free or you may have to pay £50 depending on the practitioner).
A programme of 6 treatments will range from £1,200 to £2,250 with 9 treatments costing up to £3,000, depending on the combinations of Rebright, Resurface and Remodel required.
Photos provided courtesy of Lynton Lasers Ltd
(All before and after photographs are real patients, your results may differ).
Please note that all Before and After results shown below have been achieved by using the individual, Lynton manufactured technologies on the 3JUVE but not in combination. Combined results will provide a more comprehensive anti-ageing result rather than just the ‘problem solving’ treatments that are treatable with the 3JUVE.